Thursday, November 22, 2007

With Much Thanksgiving

What a wonderful Thanksgiving this was. We all gathered at my sister-in-law's home -- a warm and inviting house. There were fifteen of us around the table, including my in-laws, my children, their spouses, my grandchildren, my only nephew, and a close family friend who is like a son to me. Our celebration was especially meaningful because it is my granddaughter's first Thanksgiving, and I also have another little grandbaby on the way.

Thanksgiving is such a peaceful holiday -- no gifts, no wrapping, no elaborate traditons -- just an abundance of delicious food with the people you hold most dear.

Alas, though, since I wasn't preparing dinner here, I spent most of the morning decorating my house for Christmas. So, with this quiet holiday behind us, tomorrow we will usher in the bustle of the Christmas season.

But for tonight, I will simply be thankful for the bountiful blessings of my Thanksgiving Day.

No comments: